DPS administers the Texas License To Carry Handgun Licensing (LTC) Program under the authority of the Texas Government Code Chapter 411, Subchapter H. DPS licenses individuals to carry concealed handguns within Texas, evaluates the eligibility of applicants through criminal history background checks and monitors those currently licensed to ensure their continued eligibility.
We do schedule Basic Handgun 101 Class; Weapons proficiency; NRA Basic Pistol Class; Tactical gears including body armored.
You will learn Shooting Techniques to demonstrate your handgun shooting proficiency and become certified to make application with the Texas Department of Safety Concealed Handgun License Division.
To obtain a Texas LTC, a person must meet certain requirements, as specified in the statues concerning LTC licensing. government code Section 411.172 lays out the statutory requirements for eligibility. Below is a summary of the eligibility requirements. See the Texas concealed Handgun Laws document, LTC-16 for details of the statutory requirements.
To be eligible, a person must:
- Be at least 21 years old (there is an exception for active-duty military personnel, who might be 18 years old).
- Be a legal resident of this state for the six-month period preceding the date of application
- Never have been convicted of a felony
- Is not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;
- Is not a fugitive from justice for a felony or class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense
- Is not a chemically dependent person
- Is not incapable of exercising sound judgment with respect to the proper use and storage of a handgun;
- Has not, in the five years preceding the date of application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense;
- Is fully qualified under applicable federal and state law to purchase a handgun;
- Has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making a child support payment administered or collected by the attorney general;
- Has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
- Is not currently restricted under a court protective order or subject to a restraining order affecting the spousal relationship, other than a restraining order solely affecting property interests;
- Has not, in the 10 years preceding the date of application, been adjudicated as having engaged in delinquent conduct violating a penal law of the grade of felony; and
- Has not made any material misrepresentation, or failed to disclose any material fact, in an application submitted pursuant to Section 411.174.
Please refer to the details in Texas’ Government Code section 411.172. This, and a compilation of Texas state law concerning the License to Carry of Weapons, can be found in the publication Texas License To Carry Handgun Laws and Selected Statutes (LTC-16).
The ONLINE COURSE fee is $55.00 plus a $3.00 handling fee. You must register & make payment first with credit card or PayPal. Once payment is made, you must complete the 4 instructional modules & the final exams with a minimum of 70% score to get the completion certificate LTC-101.
In order to complete the process, you must take your LTC-101 to a certified State of Texas LTC Instructor in your area to complete the firearms portion of the course. You can also contact our Certified Texas LTC Instructor for the Range Proficiency.
Register- Make an appointment
You must be registered and paid in full prior to attending class. If something comes up and you cannot attend the class selected, We can reschedule your class for a later date. Class, Click on LTC Online Class
Note: For LTC ONLINE above for Registrations & Payment. Payments are not refundable
Please fill out the form below describing which class you want to attend and your information. All information will be used for the sole purpose of signing you up for a specific class, no info will be retained or sold for any reason. ALL FIELDS SHOULD BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY.